Go to previous topic
Go to next topic
Last Post 14/01/2009 9:42 AM by kxdhost
XDNewBlue + Mod + Firefox = Wonky
3 Replies
Author Messages
jgaggins
New Member
New Member
Posts:3


--
13/01/2009 6:56 AM
    Hello,

    We're currently in the process of completely re-building our Library's web page to get away from a paid CMS system.  We eventually settled on DNN, and with one of Nina's beautiful skins as a guide we're making some solid progress.

    We've run into one minor quirk with it, though- one of the modules we'd purchased to run our menus (AllDNN's J-Accordion) has a little graphical glitch in it when displayed on this skin through Firefox.

    http://66.213.14.61/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx

    (That's supposed to work as a link outside the network... )

    The Accordion menus expand and contract to display more submenus under each heading.  The thing works great testing through IE, but Firefox won't expand the menus all the way. It'll only shove the other menus down so far, or it'll overlap the submenu text over the next entries.

    I've tested it with the Entropy skin, and I think it was NewDesignAway - I wanted to try another of Nina's skins for testing to see if maybe it was a common theme in the .css.  The menus rendered fine in Firefox there, so it's not specifically an issue with Firefox alone.

    So the problem seems to be in XDNewBlue somewhere, but I can't figure out just what is causing it.  I'm guessing at something in the style sheet for the skin doesn't play nicely with the styles on the menu mod, but I'm shooting in the dark right now.

    Anyone have any ideas?

    Thank you,
    -JG
    0
    kxdhost
    I'm the boss!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Posts:227


    --
    13/01/2009 11:27 PM
    Hi Jeremy - unfortunately your link did not work outside your network - it happens like that doesn't it.

    Does it work if you remove the menu elements? Or have you already done that?

    Are there any containers being used in there?

    Can you try it minus the menu code - open the file in noteapd, look for the nav menu contents, cut it out, paste into another notepad and then ftp up to server.

    Can you rename the css for the skin to break the visual elements of it, then see if the menu works..

    Then if it does, put elements of the code back in one by one..  If you are not using the nav menu at all, remove that code completely from the CSS to make sure there is no collision.

    Try these couple of things then let me know how you go.

    Nina

    Life is too short to be unhappy!
    0
    jgaggins
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:3


    --
    14/01/2009 6:39 AM
    Well, removing the skin.css completely does make the menu work, so I yanked out that Nav Menu section.  No dice.  Though it did remind me- "hey... why not do this to all of the sections, you dolt."  (Been so burned out on this project that slipped my mind. Trying to convert and re-organize two years worth of pages on an old CMS system into a fresh new DNN page.  Brain is starting to get squishy. )

    It ended up being:
    .menu { margin:0 auto 0 auto; width: 880px; text-align:left; height: 25px; }

    from the Custom Classes section causing the problem.   Stripped that out completely.

    It doesn't appear to effect anything else with it gone, so I may just leave it out. The top menu (DNNs & from the skin) appears unchanged in IE and FF.   But now the extra side menu module displays properly in FF!

    Thank you for the kick in the right direction!
    0
    kxdhost
    I'm the boss!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Posts:227


    --
    14/01/2009 9:42 AM
    Well I"m glad you found out - we had a horrible time trying to make the menu work. And I wonder if this was put in as some sort of effort to make it half work with.

    And thanks for letting us know and that is all works..
    Life is too short to be unhappy!
    0


    ---