Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
ligon New Member New Member Posts:1
--
30/03/2008 8:47 AM

Hi Nina,

You did it again!!

The competition skin, XDTranquility looks radiant !!!

I was trying to downloading it using your checkout process but its not getting add to my cart. It always says nothing in your cart when I reach the final page of the checkout, where I was expecting a download link.

Although, XDTranquility looks too good to be made available for free, I wish it is, hoping from the fact that you have listed it under "Free Competition Skins"

Looking forward to see an early reply and eager to gets my hands on to XDTranquility

Cheers

Ligon

kxdhost I'm the boss! Basic Member Basic Member Posts:227
    --
    30/03/2008 11:58 AM

Hi Ligon

It is there for download and about 850 downloads have been successfully clicked, as well as the latest being today, so I wonder if there is something with your cookies or cache.. are you loggeed in when you try to add to cart?

I haven't tested the buy it now button (which I'm changing to get it now to eliminate confusion)

You will need to send me your login details so I can log in as you and see what's happening - I will look at the logs to see if there is anything unusual - but I've not heard of anyone complaining yet, but I'm not saying there is no problem.

Nina

Life is too short to be unhappy!
    runsamok New Member New Member Posts:2
    --
    15/05/2008 4:54 AM

There seems to be an issue with downloading any skins placed in the cart.  No matter what you do, you cannot get past the https://www.dnnskins.com/my-skins.a...nfirmation page on either IE7 or Firefox.  I've tried flushing cookies, etc, but as a new user to DNN, I'm somewhat disheartened to see that the storefront modules are unreliable and problematic. Perhaps I'd be better served utilizing a different platform.

kxdhost I'm the boss! Basic Member Basic Member Posts:227
    --
    15/05/2008 4:58 PM

I will do a video that explains step by step how the process works.

You have to go through the 'checkout' procedure to finalise the account, then they appear in the My Downloads page.

I don't think it's a reflection on the product. I think perhaps we have a combination of new to DNN, a style of download that's built into a store (I'm adding some skins for sale this week and this is the only product I have that allows me to import information in, rather than typing it all the time) and we also have the fact that the understanding and expectations vary between store product.

You have to go through the final checkout to push the information into the downloads area.

We don't have many people who have problems, but that doesn't mean that it isn't problematic from time to time in understanding.

Nina

Life is too short to be unhappy!
    runsamok New Member New Member Posts:2
    --
    31/05/2008 2:24 AM

I think I've identified what's causing the error on my end. If I click the 'continue' text link all the way through the checkout process it continually loops on the confirm address page. However, if I instead use the -> arrow (beside the text 'continue' link) the checkout process proceeds to completion. 

My issue was not that I could not figure out how to download (once the ordering cart process advanced it was fairly obvious), but rather an issue where the cart would never advance to the My Downloads order details page.

You might want to check your module and see if there is any difference in the generated javascript between the two, as there is no error message presented to the customer when it happens, it just continualy loads the address confirmation page. Should I get to the point in development testing, I think I'll have a step indicator on my carts, (step 1 of 5) etc, so if there is any issue during processing the client can easily report that it hangs on step x and will be obvious that the ordering process is incomplete.

Thanks for the response.

You are not authorized to post a reply.