•  
  •  
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
jdecarolis

--
30/11/2007 2:04 PM

I really like the xdmediagreen skin, but it does not display properly on my website. I'm running DNN 4.5.5. If I view the skin in Mozilla Firefox 1.5, it looks fine. But in IE 7, there is a narrow white space that appears above the orange menubar in the header, and for some reason the header does not properly extend the whole width of the page (the footer does though). Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'd really like this to work. I can send a screenshot if that would help.

Thanks,

Joe

kxdhost
    I'm the boss!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    30/11/2007 5:03 PM

screen shots are always good but this is a fixed width skin, and there are images used for backgrounds in some places, and in the footer, I think there is a solid colour background so if there are shortcomings, skin wise, you don't really notice it.

You should be able to upload a screenshot -

Nina

Life is too short to be unhappy!
    jdecarolis

--
    30/11/2007 11:31 PM

OK, now I understand the fixed width, I had images that were extending the width of the page beyond the prescribed fixed width. But, there is still an empty space above the menubar which is pretty noticeable. I can't seem to post a screenshot to this forum, as I'm only given the option to browse images on the server when I click the "Insert/Edit Image" button.

I created a separate page on my website to show you the white space above the menubar that I'm talking about: http://www.homeenergyweb.com/Screen...fault.aspx

Thanks,

Joe

kxdhost
    I'm the boss!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    01/12/2007 12:00 AM

Aah yes that's the search function - it's because you're using a later skin with the search features.  Can you see how it's wrapped the word search to the next line, pushing the whole thing down.

I will look at that and post the changes to the code to stop that.

This skin is a little fragile but it's been so popular, so I will explain how to remove that web / site search function so you can continue to use it.

Nina

Life is too short to be unhappy!
    jdecarolis

--
    01/12/2007 1:28 AM

Thanks so much for the quick reponse. Where/when can I expect to see the modification? Thanks Again, Joe

You are not authorized to post a reply.