•  
  •  
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
geoffp

--
23/05/2008 12:13 PM

Hi Guy's, I have downloaded and used the excellent xd skin by Nina. I need to change the pictures in the header pane. Any one have any ideas how to do this?

Many thanks

Geoff Payne

[email protected]

kxdhost
    I'm the boss!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    23/05/2008 10:34 PM

Which skin? There are a few of them.  The way you can quickly identify them is right click and 'save background image' and look at the name when you save it.

Nina

Life is too short to be unhappy!
    dmaheshwar

--
    17/06/2008 6:22 AM
    I have downloaded XDDesignAway. I wanted to replace the "FrontPaneTopNew.jpg" image with my custom image. I replaced the image with my custom image whose file name is the same (FrontPaneTopNew.jpg) in the skins.zip file and then loaded the skins.zip to web site after signing in as Host. When I apply the skin and view the webpage the image from the header is now missing (blank white space) instead of new image. Not sure what am I missing. I followed the instructions in Readme.txt file.

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks
    Mahesh
    __maximus

--
    20/06/2008 6:07 PM

Hi Mahesh,

I was able to change the images used in the skins buy just replacing them directly in the file structure. The image you referred to is located at [dnnroot]/Portals/[PortalNumber-Probably 0]/Skins/XDDesignAway/Pix/

So you could probably apply the skin as you downloaded from the website, and then FTP to the location above and replace the image file with your image. Ofcourse the name should be the same.

Regards,
    Varun.

MaeBell

--
    23/07/2008 2:06 PM

It's simple really.  Use ftp to upload the image you want.  Not sure why this is a problem?

kxdhost
    I'm the boss!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    24/07/2008 9:37 AM

You would be surprised at how few people have access to ftp with DNN - it has even surprised me.. .:-)

You can access the skin via the file manager too, but if it's setup as Host/_default/Skins... and you only have admin access, then ftp is the only way.

Or you can simply rename the images and reupload - it's all a matter of learning how to work with DNN

Nina

jkurzner

--
    12/08/2008 2:09 AM

Is there a way to change the header photos only in one portal and not in another?  In other words, can I set a header image on a portal by portal basis?

kxdhost
    I'm the boss!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    13/08/2008 10:06 PM

You can resave and then upload to the Portal/0/skins/skinname folder and then Portals/1/skins/skinname folder - then each portal will see only the skin in that portal. That is called 'localised skinning' - or 'per portal' skinning. 

If you have skins in the _default/skins/skinname folder - then every portal that resides in that install can see it.  That's regarded as 'global' skinning.  It's shared amongst sites and everyone can see them.

You can programattically do some things, but this is the simplest, quickest approach.

Nina

gotwick

--
    30/12/2008 3:00 PM
    Hi!

Thanks for all the info here.

I am doing the same thing as in the original post, trying to change the header image. I did what what listed in the replies: I uploaded via ftp the jpg file, but it still loads the original jpg when I reload the page. I even tried restarting the application, but same thing happens, still the original graphic. Actually, I don't have a skins folder in the portal, its only in the _default folder (I have only one portal).

Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks!

Doris Rush-Lopez
    www.gotwick.com
    kxdhost
    I'm the boss!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    30/12/2008 9:33 PM
    You need to put the file into this folder -

Portals/_default/Skins/xddesignaway/Pix/PortalSiteBanner.jpg

You need to replace that the PortalSiteBanner.jpg - which is what I viewed on the site.

You can't just put into the _default folder - it has to be in the skin folder.

Does that help?

Nina
    You are not authorized to post a reply.