•  
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
markei

--
13/06/2008 9:40 AM

Hi, I need help.

I applied the XDGoodMetal skin to my site(Admin/Portal) and got an error message about admin/skins/copy.ascx missing.

I guessed and copied the copywrite.ascx file, renamed it and re-uploaded it to the same directory.

I'm now certain it was not the right thing to do. Error message gone, new error message:

Could Not Load Skin: /Portals/0/Skins/XDGoodMetal/Portal.ascx Error: Unknown server tag 'dnn:COPYRIGHT'.

Any help, please?

Thanks in advance for any response.

markei

kxdhost
    I'm the boss!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    13/06/2008 9:44 PM

Did you modify this skin at all?

If you have a skin that has broken your site - the quickest way to remedy it is to get the default skin - or any skin that you know works, and rename it to the name of the skin you uploaded.

You may have to use FTP to make the changes apply.

I can't see how this error occured unless you added in extra fields or accidently deleted some of the tag prefixes found in the top of the skin.

Nina

Life is too short to be unhappy!
    markei

--
    14/06/2008 7:28 AM

Did you modify this skin at all?

Nope, just installed and applied the skin.

If you have a skin that has broken your site...

It didn't break the site, I just re-applied the default skin.

I have made changes to the default skin, though - with no problems, I do have limited php knowledge.

I can't see how this error occured unless you added in extra fields or accidently deleted some of the tag prefixes found in the top of the skin.

I made no changes at all to the XDGoodMetal skin. I just applied it and got the errors.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or help, as I like the skin but can not use it.

[email protected]

--
    25/06/2008 8:45 AM
    I'm getting that exact same error when I preview or apply.

Could Not Load Skin: /Portals/0//skins/xdgoodmetal/portal.ascx Error: The file '/Journey/Admin/Skins/Copy.ascx' does not exist.
    Could Not Load Skin: /Portals/0//skins/xdgoodmetal/portal.ascx Error: The file '/Journey/Admin/Skins/Copy.ascx' does not exist.
    kxdhost
    I'm the boss!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    28/06/2008 9:17 AM

I'll check the file to see if there is extra code in there that is affecting later builds.

Nina

Life is too short to be unhappy!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.