•  
  •  
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
gosens

--
04/02/2009 3:52 PM
    Hello, I am using the XDCKBlue skin for my first DNN site; thank you Nina for the resources to get started this first time.

My issue might be similar to another recent posting about Firefox but I couldn't see the posted screenshot (file not found).

1) In Firefox, there is a slim horizontal box above the menu that appears out of place. In Google Chrome (the best browser IMHO!) there is a similar box, plus there is a blank space separating the menu from the page border due to the height of the logo. The attached jpg has the two headers - Firefox on top, Chrome on the bottom. Plus for artistic flair, I drew red arrows to the issue.

Does anyone have a solution for this or something to suggest? I can handle a bit of programming but I'm a dolt at CSS.

2) Apparently the style set for my site in the SkinObject is the same colour text as the content borders in this skin. As a result we cannot see the Date, Register, and at the bottom the Copyright and Terms/Privacy. It is the same colour as the Login/Logout link in the screenshot, and you can see the blue bar without text.

Please give me guidance on this: I understand that I can override the default css for SkinObject within the skin.css. Could someone please give me the syntax to do so, and possibly even identify the tags I need to adjust. I'd make the text white.

Thanks - much appreciated.
    Attachments
    Tags: skin css menu Firefox Chrome
    kxdhost
    I'm the boss!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    04/02/2009 4:55 PM
    I see that - you should download firebug - for firefox - it tells you exactly where you are in the code - but alas nothing for chrome.

We have not really done that much testing on these free skins, but if you were to download firebug as an extension for firefox -it would give you a good head start.

Nina
    Life is too short to be unhappy!
    gosens

--
    04/02/2009 8:22 PM
    Thanks Nina, that helped get me going. I also used the Inspect Element tool in Google Chrome for the same thing in that browser.

The problem was a missing spacer.gif file in the /Portals/_default/Skins/_default/ folder. I copied one in, problem solved.

I also took care of the CSS style issue for SkinObject. I set the color attribute to #FFFFFF rather than #003366 for SkinObject and the series of A:SkinObject lines.

Now the only remaining issue is the positioning of the menu in Google Chrome. I inspected the source in both Firefox and Google at the same time, and they have the same code, but Google is inheriting something, I believe a valign CSS tag, forcing it to be valign centered within the table and causing the cell to render at 642x36 instead of 642x114. Or maybe I have it backwards on that CSS thing. At any rate, it's very annoying!

Nina is it worthwhile for me to post the inspected html or anything else from the Firebug or Chrome inspect element tool?

Thanks.....
    Mitch
    alexsmth114

--
    01/03/2011 10:53 PM
    Really nice post, thanks for sharing!!..
    You are not authorized to post a reply.