•  
  •  
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
gmcompsys New Member New Member Posts:2
--
10/07/2009 7:14 AM
    I love the clean look of many of the free dnn skins. I am having a problem with the 5FBCommunication skin. It installed fine under DNN 5.1.0, but the menu bar (in red) does not display any submenu selections. This is particularly a problem for admin and host menus. Oddly enough, the plain text menu that appears above the logo area after login does display submenus ok.

Is this by design? Is there a tweak I can make to get the submenus to show in the main menu bar?

Thanks!
    Glen Mitchell
    kxdhost I'm the boss! Basic Member Basic Member Posts:227
    --
    10/07/2009 8:51 AM
    Hi Glen
    Yes it's by design, we have not used any 'menu' except we have styled the 'links' skinobject and this is because of a couple of things.

That's how the designs were found in the 'free templates' that exist around different sites - we were just converting them to be for dotnetnuke skins and passing them on to the community as quick as possible.

By design, it doesn't show the host and admin menu since it's just using the skinobject you would normally use for breadcrumbs or links.

So, to get around this, we put in a 'visible to admins only' menu which allowed you to still access the pages when logged in.

We are working hard on making 'compliant' skins for dnn and we don't use solpart or dnnnav menu at all - we only use the snapsis menu.

So, for us to make these skins compliant, and use what was available on the internet for us to convert as quick as possible, we tested the links skinobject and decided that for free, it was an excellent choice.

You would you have apply the solpart or dnn nav menu yourself since as much as we love dnn, we feel we don't have the resource here to provide good, free skins, with dnn based xhtml compliant menus and they take far too long to configure.

You could also consider purchasing a snapsis menu to put into your skin. It's a very inexpensive choice to get something that is so good.

Nina
    Life is too short to be unhappy!
    gmcompsys New Member New Member Posts:2
    --
    10/07/2009 11:05 PM
    Hi Nina,

Thanks very much for the quick and thorough reply. Keep up the great work.

Glen
    You are not authorized to post a reply.