•  
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
MD10 New Member New Member Posts:1
--
22/07/2009 9:17 AM
    Hello Nina,

Thanks for all of the free resources you provide to the DNN community. We do appreciate it.

I am getting 2 errors with some of your latest free skins.

The skins are:
    XD5FBSoftware
    XD5FBCommunication
    XD5FBStock
    XD5FBGreefies
    XD5BFreshiFresh
    XD5FBClubCard

The first error is that when I unzip the file and install the skin that works fine. When I then try to install the containers for the skin package I get a message that says the file has already been installed.
    If I say YES and then check to repair the files, upload the containers,  the end result is that when I view the list of skins in the host menu then I will only see the containers listed and not the skin. Yet the skin is in the skins menu on the page settings area so I can apply it. I cannot apply the containers to the page/portal.

If I say NO then the end result is that when I view the list of skins in the host menu I will see the skin and not the containers listed. Again, I can apply the skin to a page. The containers obviously are not there.

The second problem likely is a symptom of the first. With the skin installed on a portal, the Drop-Down menu does not work. All I see is the parent page.

Not sure if anyone else had seen this problem?

The background:
    DNN 5.0.1 on Production Site
    DNN 5.1.0 on Dev Site
    Same errors on both
    SQL Server 2008
    MS Server 2008
    IIS 7

I did make sure I was using the DNN 5 version of the skins.
    lyvewyre New Member New Member Posts:2
    --
    22/07/2009 2:21 PM
    I am seeing the same behavior. I installed the skin zip and then the container zip selecting repair and it removed the skin items.

Using Skin:
    FB5HigherGround

DNN 05.00.01
    SQL Server 2005
    MS Server 2008
    IIS 7
    kxdhost I'm the boss! Basic Member Basic Member Posts:227
    --
    22/07/2009 2:33 PM
    We are discussing this now - I will report back to you - but we do test all our skins and installs on http://www.dnnbeta.com which - I admit is not the latest version of DNN but I wonder if there are changes to the solpart menu code not being supported and the code still appearing in the containers.

Nina
    Life is too short to be unhappy!
    --
    22/07/2009 2:35 PM
    Also - please note - the free skins are using the 'links' skinobject - there is no menu applied.  We don't have the resources to provide xhtml and css compliant skins using the default menus.

I will finish my video on how to install the skins - there is something quirky about dnn behaviour now that makes installation of skins and containers not the same as it used to be, therefore, the expectation and results are not always the same.

Nina
    --
    22/07/2009 4:47 PM
    Ok - we have identified some behaviours I would call bugs, and will be doing a blog and overview.

the files are there - although they are not shown in the 'extensions' folder, they are visible in the admin /skins folder.

can you confirm that you can see them?

Nina
    lyvewyre New Member New Member Posts:2
    --
    24/07/2009 12:03 AM
    I can only see the module that successfully installed in the Admin/Skins folder.

If I remove the Skins Module or repair and install the Container zip then all I see is the container items but no skin items.

It complains that the container package has the same name as another previously installed package.
    I modified the .dnn file to have the package name as FB5HigherGround-Container but it still failed.

Thanks for such a fast response!
    --
    26/07/2009 1:42 AM
    We have discovered a few things in the behaviour of the skinning engine for dotnetnuke.

I have uploaded one video - on our http://www.dnnskins.com/news.aspx page - you can see it there - it is about installing skins on dnn 4, but I will get the dnn 5 skin uploading video online - there are some issues in behaviour of the skinning engine that will give you the impression that it's not installed.

I will try to get this online in the next few days - we found it very challenging to actually work out what was going on, but the video will make it clear.

Nina
    hass New Member New Member Posts:6
    --
    28/07/2009 1:44 AM
    Hi Nina,

Again thanks for all of the free resources you provide to the DNN community. I do really appreciate it.

I am having issues with two of your latest free skins.

The skins are:
    XD5FBSoftware
    XD5BFreshiFresh

the skins installed successfully, but the added modules are not showing in the middle of the page, they are going outside of the white middle area;
    If anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!!
    colby-dnn New Member New Member Posts:2
    --
    06/09/2010 9:23 AM
    Nina,

Just bringing this back to life. I tried the FB5HigherGround skin today on a test 5.5 installation and I saw the same things - Containers won't install if the skins zip file has been installed, and the menus won't drop down.

Has there been a resolution to this?

Cheers
    ahclark New Member New Member Posts:2
    --
    15/09/2010 11:20 PM
    Hi Nina

I have this problem when attemting to install the XD5NewDesignAway skin on DNN5.5. Theuinzipped file does appear to contain .dd manifest files but the "Install New Extension" routine states:

This package does not appear to be a valid DotNetNuke Extension as it does not have a manifest. Old (legacy) Skins and Containers do not contain manifests. If this package is a legacy Skin or Container Package please check the appropriate radio button below, and click Next.
    ahclark New Member New Member Posts:2
    --
    15/09/2010 11:47 PM
    Sorry - ignore last post - just worked it out. Unzip first then install skin and container zip files separately.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.