DNNSkins.com

Quality skins for your DNN website

DNNSkins Forum

PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 14/12/2009 11:08 PM by kxdhost
How can I adjust the amount of Items in the Menu bar?
1 Replies
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Cutshallg New Member New Member Posts:1
--
09/12/2009 5:07 AM
    Hello,

I installed the XDDesignAwayNew skin for a project that my group is working on in our Information Systems Design class at the University of Missouri-St. Louis. We are designing a website for a neighborhood association that one of my group members is affiliated with. Here is the website:
    http://www.oldfergusonwestneighbors.com/
    I need to add two to three more parent pages to the menu bar but am limited to only six as the skin stands now. How can I adjust the settings of the menu bar to squeeze a couple of more parent pages into the bar? Thanks for any insight into this topic!
    kxdhost I'm the boss! Basic Member Basic Member Posts:227
    --
    14/12/2009 11:08 PM
    I saw what you did on the site - it looks good -
    Well, to get more out of the skin you will need to adjust the padding on the left and right of the menu. I see you used a solid strip colour whereas when I made that skin originally, it had 5 colours to make it look like multi colour menus.

If you download firebug for mozilla and mouse over the menu, you can see where the padding is set left and right. By reducing this you can squeeze in more menu items.

I will get Paul to look at the file tomorrow and tell you exactly where you need to change it to make it fit.

Nina
    Life is too short to be unhappy!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.