•  
  •  
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
v1sosnow New Member New Member Posts:9
--
01/02/2008 8:56 AM

How do I insert my logo into the skin (in this case (Blue and/or GreenMedia skin) so that it is in the upper left-hand corner of the page?

Thanks!

Val

tokolosh New Member New Member Posts:10
    --
    06/02/2008 6:06 PM
    I see this skin has the Logo Pane on the right. The easiest way I think is to pull the image "MediaFlashBackground.jpg" from the source file and insert you logo into it. The problem is it is quiet a small area and the logo could be lost on the page. Apart from that you could move the code for the logo pane in the .asx file to there, but this is a tricky solution and could throw the table spacing out.
    --
    08/02/2008 4:36 PM
    Jason,

THANK YOU so much for your reply. I started snooping around in the zip file before I got your message and figured one of those files would require my editing the logo into it -- wasn't sure which one. Thanks for the tip. It sounds like the best suggestion... though... I'd still have to fix the code for the extra panes (logo and minilogo). Those panes are creating a whole lot of real estate between the logo area and menu bar. The logopane is on the left underneath the Flash object and the mini-logopane is to the right of it, flush to the right margin.

As for making that adjustment in the .asx file, I'm still reeling from trying to fix "relative fonts" in a DNN Blog module (fonts were too large, but each fix kept shifting the other font sizes). I may fool around with both your suggestions. It probably would've been wiser for me to learn how to skin rather than attempt modifications in an environment new to me.

Jason, thanks for getting back to me on this. I do appreciate it a great deal.

Val

--
    19/02/2008 1:45 AM
    Update: Jason, I did alter that image file - didn't work. There must be some other thing that needs to be done. I even checked it in the zip file to make sure the edited image was there and it was, but on uploading, the edited image file was not appearing, i.e. "MediaFlashBackground.jpg" as edited. I'm familiar with Flash, made Shockwave/Flash stuff myself, so my thinking is that it either is another file, a tranparency issue, a zip file issue or a residual original file that is overwriting it (in SQL). I reverted to another skin/container where the logo was the main event over the skin. I just didn't have the time to identify it the Shockwave issue. A much bigger issue for me is deleting a container not in use (f but for the sake of cleaning out files not used or never will be used). I've checked every page, module, instance for use, and it's not in use. It's an issue I have with DNN -- of having to go to SQL to fix things when nothing in the interface can fix it. (Clearly it's an issue much reported on). On the other hand, Nina's instructions are clear about applying to portal which I probably didn't do (I installed/applied to portal and Admin). So I have to figure this out, too.
    kbpilot5 New Member New Member Posts:1
    --
    20/02/2008 9:04 AM

Where can I find this logo pane?

bestwerx New Member New Member Posts:3
    --
    20/03/2008 9:11 PM

Val - without the .FLA file there isn't a way to insert the logo into the top left of the XDMedia skins.  That entire section is part of the .SWF file that's included with the skin.

Nina - what are the chances of getting ahold of that .fla file?  :D  Pretty please?  :)

kxdhost I'm the boss! Basic Member Basic Member Posts:227
    --
    21/03/2008 9:09 AM

I've redone the skin but been smarter this time -

I have a clear flash image over the top of it - so to embed your logo into it - you just need to open the montage in photoshop or something like that - add your logo and resave, and upload.

It means you can have your flash and logo and not need flash to update it.

I thought that was the smartest way to fix this solution - but being a bit slow ...   it took me a few years to get the answer to it.

I think that will make everyone happy.

Nina

PS - currently packaging it - so it will be live for download very soon

Life is too short to be unhappy!
    --
    21/03/2008 7:42 PM

Great news!  Thanks Nina!

--
    24/03/2008 11:50 AM

The skin has been uploaded - http://xdnewblue.dnnskins.com - you can view and then download it and check it out.

Nina

--
    24/03/2008 4:50 PM

Thank you again Nina.  Looks great!

Miksu New Member New Member Posts:1
    --
    27/03/2008 2:07 AM

Hey there and first, thanks for a great skin.

Though I must be doing something wrong because I can't add my logo to the flash-skin, no matter what I try. I tried replacing the included clear_logo.gif with my own gif, but it didn't do anything. Then I tried opening the gif with a photoshop and adding some text to it. But it doesn't show. So how can I (step-by-step :) add my own logo to the flash-version of the skin?

Thanks in advance!

ANGELM New Member New Member Posts:1
    --
    06/02/2010 8:04 AM
    Nina,

I need you to upload the skin that you have configured for easy insertion of logo that is compatible with DNN5 the link provided here is an older skin and the upgraded DNN5 skin on your site does not have the new add logo feature. Thank you kindly.
    --
    07/02/2010 7:32 PM

Hi Angela - the logo is part of the graphic - you simply change the graphic background and the logo will appear.

I will check the links - but you are talking about the XDNewBlue skin aren't you.

Nina

You are not authorized to post a reply.